Grand Journey of America's West - end Rapid City, Summer 2021
Grand Journey Of America’s West – End Rapid City, Summer 2021
From a mix of glamour and bohemian charms in San Francisco, to the lush landscapes of the Sierras, this unique trip takes you on an eclectic journey through the heart of America’s West. A combination of our Enchanting Canyonlands and American Parks Trail trips, you’ll experience everything from the mystical healing powers of Sedona, to the world famous Grand Canyon and the Japanese tea gardens of Golden Gate Park. You’ll enhance your experience by staying at lodges within the National Parks themselves, allowing you to not only witness, but wake up to show stopping views.
- Grand Teton National Park: Relax at Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa and savour a Dinner with wine in the heart of the Tetons.
- San Francisco: Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers at 18:00 for a Welcome Dinner with wine.
- Monterey: Have your choice of three local restaurants during your Dine-Around evening in Monterey.
- Santa Barbara: In the evening, dinner with wine awaits at the local Opal Restaurant & Bar.
- Los Angeles: Join your Travel Director and newfound friends for a Highlight Dinner with wine at Nick and Stef’s Steakhouse, named ‘Best Steakhouse in the Country’ by the Food Network.
- Scottsdale: Mingle over a delightful dinner with wine at the resort’s renowned Zuzu Restaurant.
- Grand Canyon: Enjoy dinner with an incredible view at the Thunderbird Room, overlooking the South Rim.
- Zion National Park: Join your new friends for a Highlight Dinner within Zion National Park at the lodge’s Red Rock Grill.
- Salt Lake City: Dinner with wine will be served at your hotel this evening.
- UCross Ranch: Savour a hearty ranch style Highlight Dinner, prepared by your local hosts.
- Custer: Toast to the finale of your trip at your Celebration Dinner served at your lodge within Custer State Park.
- Dining Summary: 22 Breakfasts (B), 10 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Yosemite National Parks: Visit Yosemite National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and experience its beauty on a ranger-led valley floor tour.
- Salinas: Otherwise known as the “The Salad Bowl of the World”, Salinas offers the chance to enjoy a farmer’s agricultural tour of an heirloom artichoke farm.
- Venice Beach: Join a Local Expert for a walking tour of Venice Beach, Muscle Beach, the Canals and Walkways and explain Abbot Kinney’s role in the development of the ‘Venice of America’.
- Los Angeles: Join a Local Expert for a behind-the-scenes tour of a historic downtown theatre.
- Grand Canyon: Join Local Expert Canyon Tim for an informative presentation and witness the burnt orange hues of the canyon walls.
- Monument Valley: Join a Navajo guide in an open-air vehicle to explore the iconic vistas of this Navajo Tribal Park.
- Black Hills: View Crazy Horse Memorial, which is dedicated to all Native Americans. An exclusive Insight Experience awaits as you are taken up to the 641 feet (195 metres) long and 563 feet (172 metres) tall sculpture to stand face to face with the world’s largest mountain carving.
Top Rated Highlights
- San Francisco: Visit Golden Gate Park, before walking across the emblematic Golden Gate Bridge and travelling on to the city of Sausalito.
- Scenic Drives: 17-Mile Drive past the Pebble Beach Golf Links.
- Paso Robles: Enjoy a guided visit and wine tasting in the heart of Central California Wine Country.
- Santa Barbara: Walk along Santa Barbara’s Historic State Street to Stearns Wharf.
- Santa Barbara: Visit Mission Santa Barbara, a historic Spanish mission founded by the Franciscan order in 1786.
- Los Angeles: Drive along Sunset Boulevard, see the Hollywood Walk of Fame and TCL Chinese Theatre.
- Sedona: Explore Sedona before heading to Grand Canyon National Park.
- Cameron: Stop at the historic Trading Post, established in the early 1900s as a place where Native American’s traded wool and livestock.
- Glen Canyon: Stop at the Glen Canyon Dam to learn about its impact on the Colorado River before arriving at your lakefront resort . Visit the dam that stands 710 feet or 216 meters high, and provides water and power to western communities.
- Lake Powell: A testament to the power of water over rock, glide through the narrow sandstone turns of Antelope Canyon during your cruise.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Enjoy the rugged beauty with a leisurely walk along Sunset Point to view the hoodoos.
- Zion National Park: The most relaxing and informative way to see the grandeur and natural features of the canyon is by a private shuttle that includes live commentary.
- Yellowstone: Continue to Yellowstone, the world’s first National Park. Known for its unique geothermal activity, spectacular landscapes and abundant wildlife.
- Yellowstone: Catch the colourful bubbling mud pots and observe Old Faithful geyser shooting water over 120 feet (37 metres) into the air. The Upper Geyser Basin boasts the highest concentration of spouting geysers, hot springs and steaming fumaroles in the world.
- Cody: Explore the award-winning Buffalo Bill Center of the West, known for its excellent Western art collection and natural history.
- UCross: Spend your morning doing as the locals do, exploring your surroundings by horseback with a gentle ride (8) led by a Local Expert.
- Black Hills: Make your way to Devils Tower, an astounding geological feature that protrudes out of the surrounding the Black Hills.
- Deadwood: Historical Wild West figures such as Wild Bill Hickock and Calamity Jane called Deadwood home. Learn about the Gold Rush and the town’s notable residents aboard Kevin Costner’s Original Deadwood Tour with a Local Expert.
- Black Hills: View iconic Mount Rus…
San Francisco, the City by the Bay.
Exploring San Francisco.
Yosemite National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site .
Yosemite National Park to Monterey.
Monterey, the Cradle of History.
The American Riviera.
Santa Monica and L.A.
The Glitz and Glam of L.A.
Across the Mojave.
Sedona and the Mighty Grand Canyon.
Monument Valley and Lake Powell.
Leisurely Lake Powell.
Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks.
Zion to Las Vegas.
Salt Lake City.
Jackson and Grand Teton National Park.
Yellowstone National Park.
Geysers and Colourful Mudpots.
The Ranch at Ucross.
Into the Black Hills.
Custer and the Wild, Wild West.
The Monuments of the Black Hills.
Depart Rapid City.